CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

February 11, 2009

Help Needed

PART-TIME CHILDCARE NEEDED

Hello Fresno Wives:

My name is Wendy Killou and my husband (Sam Killou-A-Shift) and I recently added a new member to the family (Emma Sofia Killou). As much as I would love to be a stay at home mom, I need to return to work in next few months (anticipating to return in April or May). Emma will be ~4-5 months by then.

I have recently started the fun of looking for childcare. As you all may know, the childcare industry doesn't seem to be all that accommodating to the fire schedules. What we are looking for is someone to care for our daughter during the weekday (~7:30am-5pm) on the days my husband works (A-shift).

If you or you know of someone that provides childcare that works with the fire schedule or have questions, please email me. Any information is much appreciated.

Have a great day,
Wendy Killou

3 comments:

The Arthur's said...

I would also like to get some information on child-care under the same circumstances, I am looking for a job but this is our big concern, we have a 10 month old. Thanks Wendy for breaking the ice on the topic. Congratulations on your new addition.

The Faridoni Fam said...

I have recently found a place that I love. It is called Jenny's Little Ranch Hands. Her website is www.jennyslittleranchhands.com and you can learn more about the place there. I just started Aubrey there recently and she cries when she had to come home! Jenny is very accommodating by not requiring a minimum number of days per week. I don't know how flexible she is with days rotating weekly though. Aubrey so far only goes on Tuesdays. But I bet she would be willing to work with you. She even offers overnight care if that ever became an issue. One of the reasons I love the ranch is because the kids don't watch tv, play video games, or get stuck indoors most of the day. They are outside playing, going on walks around the property and participating in some the the ranch chores. And her rates are very affordable, $20 a day. Hope this helps. My husband, Jeff, keeps mentioning to me that the wives should try to create some sort of daycare among ourselves that we in need could all benefit from and contribute to. Would anyone be interested in something like that? I would not have a clue where to start but am sure it could work somehow.sautesse

Fresno Fire Wives said...

If you have emailed the Fire Wives about this posting I have forwarded your email to Wendy so she can communicate with you. Thank you Everyone.